By using the Services, you acknowledge that The Etho Inc. will use your information in the United States and any other country where The Etho Inc. operates. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. We will transfer personal information only to these countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal information, and we will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to enjoy appropriate protections.
Please read on to learn more about how we protect personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you ('Personal Data'). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code
- Job title, profession
- Pictures or videos you submit
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data: When you visit our site, we may automatically record information ('log data'), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address that you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
- Our third-party service providers may provide us with information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third-party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you, we would treat it as personal data.
When you access or use The Etho Inc.’s Services, we collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information as described in this policy. The Etho Inc. is relying on a number of lawful grounds to use your information in these ways. These lawful grounds include:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA/TRANSFER OF DATA
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
CHOICES AND INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of the actions below please contact us at [email protected]
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The Etho Inc. will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Etho Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
You must be at least 18 years of age, or older, to use The Etho Inc.’s services in any capacity. If you are not 18 years of age, and are 13 years old, you may only use The Etho Inc.’s services under the active supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is required to manage your The Etho Inc. account for you. Children under 13 years of age are not allowed to use The Etho Inc. or The Etho Inc.'s services in any capacity. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Test Data Privacy
Secure Test Data Against Breaches, Reach Compliance
The Etho’s Test Data Privacy solution leverages technology for a consistent, familiar and secure method to easily understand, mask and manage both test and production data across all environments.
Two core areas that increasingly require mainframe teams to implement a test data privacy solution for more secure test data are 1) data breach prevention and 2) compliance with data privacy laws.
Data Breach Prevention
During the application testing process, your customer information may be exposed to development teams, IT vendors and even third-party developers. Any accidental or malicious misuse of test data would be costly and reputation damaging. To counteract this, The Etho supports static data masking (SDM), enabling the masking or desensitization of personally identifiable information (PII) in data to mitigate the risk of breaches and misuse of production data in test, analytics or training environments.
Compliance with Data Privacy Laws
Using live data for testing creates risk because data used in test environments tends to be less secure. Data privacy regulations require that all data, whether used in production or test be secure. By using Test Data Privacy to apply consistent data disguise techniques across all environments, companies can address requirements to protect PII throughout the application testing process and comply with tightening data privacy laws and company policies.
To help mainframe teams improve these areas, The Etho provides a wide range of unique capabilities for ensuring test data is secure while remaining realistic.
We welcome any inquiries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]